- 1 Indian Army SSB Exam Syllabus PDF 2017
- 2 Latest SSB Syllabus 2017 PDF for Army Written Test
- 2.1 SSB Written Exam Syllabus for Indian Army Officers
- 2.2 SSB Exam Pattern 2017 PDF for Indian Army Officers
- 2.3 Services Selection Board Syllabus Details
Candidates who are willing to join the Territorial Army must check the article from here. There are so many candidates who are asking for the syllabus structure of SSB. Now after reading this you will know everything about it. The total syllabus of SSB is vast. To get all the aspects of it, this article may go longer than regular one. The official website of SSB is www.ssb.nic.in.
A candidate who is willing to crack SSB must know all the details that would help him in the recruitment process. So you must gather all the information that will be required for the candidate for selection. The post is written for all those who are aiming for the SSB interview. Your information is the only key that will provide your the dream job you want.
Indian Army SSB Exam Syllabus PDF 2017
This article is totally dedicated for the students who are searching the syllabus in various portals. So if you have come here after finding a other places then stay here. Here you will get all the details of syllabus.
To select in Army as officer there are so many way. If you are planning to be an officer then you can do it by SSB. SSB is one of the popular way by which candidates enter into army & become an Officer.
Before we start the syllabus description , we will talk about the SSB. SSB stands for Services Selection Board. This selection board has designed the test in such a way any person’s personality. The test duration is 5 to 6 days.After the candidates pass through it, they are posted in Indian Army.
Latest SSB Syllabus 2017 PDF for Army Written Test
To get a post in Indian Army, there are various ways that is for 10+2 , graduation & post-graduation. Through any way, a person needs to clear the SSB test. A candidate can appear for any number of times in SSB . This steps is to encourage the students to appear in SSB.
Total five days are taken into it. These are for screening test, Psychologist Tests, group tasks ,conference (Results). All these will be conducted in chronological order. Most of them are conducted in the lunch or evening hours.
During the test they are searching for Effective Intelligence, sense of responsibility, initiative, judgement (under stress), ability to reason and organise, communication skills, determination, courage, self-confidence, speed in decision-making, willingness.
You don’t need to a very super intelligent brain but needs common sense that will be helpful for anyone to make decisions based on the condition. There are various facilities that are given to a candidates who lives there during the test.
- Pick-up and Drop from reporting Railway Station.
- Furnished accommodation.
- Medical facilities.
- Game, Magazines, Newspapers, etc.
All the facilities given to feel like home.The written test for the same is also conducted for you. if you want to select from a written test then it good , or you can be selected by SSB Interview.
Candidates are also shortlisted by the written test conducted by UPSC. The selection is done by Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) in case of territorial army. Those candidates are called for direct entries via call letter for SSB.
The total number of SSB centers are 10 in number. These SSB centers are situated Allahabad, Bangalore ,Bhopal, Dehradun, Mysore, Varanasi, Coimbatore, Gandhinagar, Kolkata, Rupnagar(Near Chandigarh)). A candidate who apply for SSB is called in one of these centers. Now you can read the tests that will be conducted
The candidates who are trying for SSB must know the stages that are conducted in the SSB test.
- Day 0 (Day of Reporting)
- Day 1 (Screening Tests)
- Day 2 (Psychology Tests)
- Day 3 and Day 4 (GTO Tasks)
- Day 5 (Conference)
All these five days will be told in details. The candidates can check the details from here.
SSB Written Exam Syllabus for Indian Army Officers
As we have told the main points for which a person will face during he is in SSB centre. Now we are going to describe them one by one so that you will get the exact details about the test. If you know what is happening then you will be able to crack it with more knowledge.
- Day 0 (Day of Reporting) :- In this stage candidate has to report in the specified SSB. The candidates comes to SSB & provide their document for verification. After the verification is complete , then you will be given a vest with a number on it. When you will leave it , you have to return them to the center.
- Day 1 (Screening Tests) :- Here a candidate needs to clear the intelligence Test (Verbal and Non-Verbal). This consists of Picture Perception test, Group Discussion. These tests checks your analysis power, the time limit to see a picture is 30 seconds which is less time & shows how smart you should be to this.
- Day 2 (Psychology Tests) : This includes Picture Story writing, Word Association Test (WAT), Situation Reaction Test (SRT), Self Description Test (SD). These tests provide an idea for the candidate that is able for responsibilities or not.
- Day 3 and Day 4 (GTO Tasks) : Group discussion,Group Planning Exercise (sometimes known as Military Planning Exercise), Progressive Group Tasks, Half Group Tasks
Individual Obstacles, Group Obstacles Race or Snake Race, Command Task
Lecturer, Final Group Task are some of the tests that can be taken during day 3 &4 in SSB center.
- Day 5 (Conference) :- Now candidates will sit in front of panel that comprises of President, Deputy President, all the psychologists, all the GTOs, and Technical Officer. Now you need to have a discussion with the panel for 1/2 hour. After the discussion is over , the candidates with send for next round or have to go back home.
The candidates who cross all the round will be then send to the medical test & after that into training. The candidates can also get the selection from the written test. The written test will also be described for you in the same article.Now after this we need to see the syllabus that comes in the written test. if you think you can qualify the written test then you opt for the written test. After the written test is cleared , you will the mark from it & the direct entry in the SSB.
SSB Exam Pattern 2017 PDF for Indian Army Officers
The written test of SSB contains two parts i.e.
- Paper I
- Paper II
The total marks for the written exam is 100. 50 for paper I & 50 for paper II. The minimum cut off for the exam is already decided. So you need to well prepared for the exam.
Paper I consists of Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics.
Reasoning Syllabus for SSB
The questions are based on small statement & the drawn conclusion by them. The pattern in series, figures & letters . You need to think rationally during the exam for problem solving.
Mathematics Syllabus for SSB
Natural numbers, integers, rational and real numbers, Time and distance, time and work, percentages, application to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation. Multiples and factors, factorisation theorem, HCF and LCM. Euclidean algorithm, logarithms,logarithmic tables. simple factors, remainder theorem, HCF, LCM, theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations,Trigonometry.
Geometry Syllabus for SSB
Properties of angles at a point, Parallel lines, Sides and angles of a triangle, Congruence of triangles, Similar triangles, Concurrence of medians and altitudes, Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram,rectangle and square.
Circle and its properties.
Paper II has two parts i.e. General Knowledge and English.
General Knowledge Syllabus for SSB
Knowledge of current events, history of India and geography
English Syllabus for SSB
Use of words. Questions in English are from synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, Para jumbles, error spotting, jumbled sentences, sentence correction and fill in the blanks.e
Important points for the written test
- The duration of exam is 2 hours & conducted in two sessions.
- The exam will be of objective type nature.
- Four options will be given for every question.
- Minimum marks for Paper I & II will be 40%. & 50% in total.
- Negative marking is there. For every wrong answer there will be .25 marks deduction.
How to apply for SSB Indian Army Online
- Open the official website of SSB i.e. www.ssb.nic.in
- After the website is opened , now click on the Recruitments Tab.
- After this you will see the link for the online application.
- Click on it & you will find your form which you have to fill.
- Fill all the details in the form & submit the form.
- Check all the details again before you made the final submit.
- Download the application copy in your device.
- Take one print out for the same.
- Now note dates that are useful for you.
Services Selection Board Syllabus Details
You can read the details from here before you check out.
- Name of the Organisation: Services Selection Board
- Name of the Post: Officer
- Category: Syllabus
- Job Location: Anywhere in India
- Official Site: www.ssb.nic.in
This comes the end of this post. All the information was put inside the post to make you aware of. If you have any question or any suggestion then you should be writing it in the comment. You feedback & suggestions are welcome. You can also subscribe us so that you will be able to get all the updates in your mailbox daily. Thank you.