- 1 SBI PO syllabus Prelims PDF
- 1.1 SBI PO 2017 Exam pattern
- 1.2 SBI PO syllabus 2017
- 1.3 SBI PO Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2017
- 1.4 SBI PO Syllabus Details
The candidates who are studying for SBI PO 2017 can check the details of their syllabus from the here. The new updated syllabus of SBI PO 2017 has been updated in our portal. Those candidates who do not have the information for it can download the topic wise syllabus of SBI PO 2017 from here. The official website of SBI PO is www.sbi.co.in.
Those candidates who are going to apply for the SBI probationary officer must download the latest syllabus of SBI from the official website or from our portal. For the preparation of any competition exam, there is an urgent need of your exam syllabus. There are so many topics that you need to study before you go & write the exam.
SBI PO syllabus Prelims PDF
SBI PO is a very popular exam that is conducted by SBI for the recruitment of Probationary Exam in the various branches of SBI. The exam is conducted by SBI itself. The candidates who want to get the job of PO in SBI bank prepare for the exam conducted by SBI & grab the job.
Every year the notification for SBI PO vacancies are provided in the official website. Those who want to sit in the exam apply for it via Online application.
SBI stands for State Bank of India. SBI is a multinational, public sector bank that has opened branches in various countries. The headquarter of SBI is in Mumbai. SBI is integrated with it five subsidiaries i.e. State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala and State Bank of Travancore. SBI has 277,000 employees, 500 million customers, and more than 22,500 branches and 58,000 ATMs in the whole country. The market share of SBI is 22% overall.
SBI was formed in 1806 . At that time the name of SBI was Imperial Bank of India. In 1955 Imperial bank of Indian was owned by Government & named as State bank of India. NOw SBI is the biggest nationalised bank in India.
SBI provides employment to 277,000 people in the various branches of India. There are exams held for the candidates for the various posts generated in the banks. If you are one of those who is studying for the SBI PO 2017 exam then you can read the details for your exam.
SBI PO 2017 Exam pattern
The exam pattern for SBI 2017 is same as it was for the previous year. For all the newbies who don’t know about it should read the details from here.
There are main three parts of the total exam i.e.
If you clear all the three , then you will get the job of PO in SBI Bank. Here we are going to describe all the syllabus & the topics that you need to cover in the exam. So please have a look on it. If you won’t know the syllabus then you will not be able to study well. The level of SBI PO exam is very high & is sometimes compared to IAS exams. The pass possibility for the exam is same as the IAS.
SBI PO syllabus 2017
SBI conducts the exam for the various posts in the branches like Clerk & PO once in a year. The applications are accepted online. The candidates are called for the exam which is a also an online exam. The online exam consists of 100 marks in the prelims exam. Here we are going to tell you about the course & the topics that you need to study if you are sitting in the SBI PO exam 2017. Now the syllabus & exam pattern have changed during the course of year.
Earlier it was confined from a single written test followed by an Interview. Now due to the interest of candidates for the secure job , the application for SBI PO has increased drastically. To restrict the number of students SBI has changed the rules of recruitment in SBI. Now there are three phases of SBI exam. i.e. Prelims, Mains & Interview.
The exam is based on general reasoning , Maths, English & General Knowledge. If you are studying on these topics then you will be able to crack the exam easily. One by one we are going to describe the topics that covered in the exam.
SBI PO Reasoning Syllabus
Topics to be covered in SBI PO exam are Analogy, Coding & decoding, Blood relations, Sitting arrangements, Series completion, Syllogisms,
Decision making, Statement reasoning, Series completion, Classification. The questions from reasoning will be asked in both the phases i.e. Prelims & Mains.
SBI PO General English Syllabus
Topics for SBI PO exam 2017 will be Vocabulary, synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms, Phrases, Word formation, Sentence completion, Comprehension, Deriving conclusions, Passage completion, Error detection, Passage correction, Sentence correction etc.Important areas are Reading comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar Corrections, Identification of Errors in sentence constructions, Jumbled sentences etc. Questions form this section will be asked in both the phases.
SBI PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
This section will comprise the questions from Number system, Simplifications, Roots & Averages, Surds & Indices, Percentages, Profit &Loss, Ratio& Proportion, Partner ship, Time & work, Pipes & Cisterns, Time & Distances, Problems on trains, Boats & streams, Allegation & mixtures, Simple Interest, Compound interest, Volume& surface area, Mensuration etc.
SBI PO Data Interpretation and Analysis Syllabus
Questions from Data Interpretation and manipulation questions from Charts, Graphs and Diagrams including Line charts, pie charts, bar charts and tabular data. Application level questions from probability and statistics. Data Interpretation is a easy topic, after practice of a variety you will be able to solve the questions . You can practice more & increase your speed in the exam.
Speed is one of the deciding factor in the competitive exam. If you can solve the questions in less time then you have a greater pace on anyone else. So better you know how to solve the questions. The need to know the shortcut tricks is equally important in clearing an exam.
So if your left any topic in your preparation then you can start covering it now. Or you can note it down. There are so many tips & tricks which tell you about increasing the score of SBI PO exam.
SBI PO Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2017
There are three phases in the exam as you know. Here I am going to tell you the exam pattern.
Three phases are
- SBI Prelims exam :- This is the first phase of exam. In the prelims exam , you will get 100 questions in the exam. The mode of exam is Online. 35 questions will be from Reasoning , 30 questions from English & 35 questions will be asked in the prelims online test.
- SBI Mains Exam :- There will be 155 questions in the exam. There will be five questions in the exam i.e. Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General / Economy / Banking Awareness, English Language etc.
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60|
|Data Interpretation & Analysis||35||60||45|
- SBI Descriptive test :- The descriptive test will be conducted with mains exam. This test will check your writing skills i.e. Essay & letter writing. The maximum marks for the exam will be 50 marks & duration of exam is 30 minutes.
- SBI Group Exercise & Interview :- The candidates who qualify the mains exam will be called for this phase. In this phase candidates will be tested for the group tasks & after that a personal Interview will be conducted . In the Interview there will be a panel of member who are employees of SBI. They will ask you questions related to Syllabus, GK & personal. After the Interview , candidates will be decided for the final selection.
SBI PO Syllabus Details
Tips for SBI PO Interview
- The Interview are people like us. They are not trained for such tasks. As they are normal Banking professionals, they will ask some basic questions from you.
- The questions they will ask you will not be very complex. The questions will be from Banking affairs, nature of job or any question related to subject you studied in college.
- Wear confidence with you. That is the most important thing in the Interview hall.
- There may be some questions that you don’t know. Stay calm at the situation & tell them that you do not know the answer instead of making any wrong impression.
- Your attire must be relevant. A good appearance is the key for first impression.
You can read the details from here before you check out.
- Name of the Organisation: State Bank of India
- Name of the Post: Probationary Officer
- Category: Syllabus
- Job Location: Anywhere in India
- Official Site: www.sbi.co.in
This comes the end of this post. All the information was put inside the post to make you aware of. If you have any question or any suggestion then you should be writing it in the comment. You feedback & suggestions are welcome. You can also subscribe us so that you will be able to get all the updates in your mailbox daily. Thank you.