- 1 CDS exam syllabus 2017 pdf
- 1.1 Download CDS syllabus 2017
- 1.2 CDS syllabus Topic Wise
- 1.3 CDS written exam pattern for OTA IMA
- 1.4 CDS Exam 2017 Detailed Syllabus
CDS exam are conducted by UPSC. The exam is conducted for twice in a year. The candidates who are selected in the exam are send to Indian Military Academy, officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The candidates who are trying for the exam must check the syllabus from here. The official website of UPSC is www.upsc.gov.in. The exam is conducted by UPSC as the host.
CDS exam syllabus 2017 pdf
CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. The written exam is conducted by UPSC. UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. It was formed on 1st October 2016. It is the central examination authority for the exams. The major exams on All Indian basis are conducted by UPSC. Some examples are like Civil Services Examination, Engineering Services Examination, Combined Medical Services Examination, Combined Defence Services Examination, National Defence Academy Examination, Naval Academy Examination, Special Class Railway Apprentice, Indian Forest Service examination, Indian Economic Service examination, Indian Statistical Service examination.
CDS exam is conducted twice in a year.The notification for the exam is updated in the month of October & June. The exam are conducted in the month of February & November. After the written test is cleared by the candidates they are send for SSB Interview. These interviews are conducted in various SSB centres in the various parts of India. The most Important qualification for this exam is to be unmarried.
CDS Exam Age Limit 2017
The age limit of candidates for the application of CDS are written as :
|Concerned Academy||Age Limit|
|Indian Military Academy||19-24 years|
|Naval Academy||19-22 years|
|Officers’ Training Academy||19-25 years|
|Air Force Academy||19-24 years|
Indian Armed forces provides coolest career opportunities for the young man & woman. The candidates who are selected in the CDS exams are given attractive salary , incentives & an adventurous life. The written exam & the SSB interview are set in such a way that a candidates can be fully analysed for the leadership qualities.
Download CDS syllabus 2017
According to them, there are some qualities that are inbuilt in a person, if your leadership qualities are underdeveloped then after multiple attempt they will be improved & you will be selected by the officials. This is called trait theory. After the written test is qualified , the candidates is send for SSB. The SSB interview lasts for 4-5 days. A candidate is judged on the basis of qualities like alertness, judgement, courage, physical fitness endurance, cooperation, group planning, decisiveness,knowledge.
There are so many candidates who do not have any idea for the exam syllabus of CDS 2017. If you do not have the knowledge of syllabus then you won’t be able to clear the exam anyway. So the knowledge of syllabus is very essential for the CDS aspirants. The written test has three parts i.e. English, General knowledge and Elementary mathematics.The maximum marks for both the exam are 100 marks. The duration for both the papers are two hours.
So as you finish reading this, you should start collecting the study material for the CDS Exam. If you are willing to clear the CDS exam then you should be able to knowing all the details. Do not work on a light approach for the exams. The level of the CDS exam is very high. Around 6 lac applications come for the written exam & most of it 7000 could qualify for the written exam. All these are shortlisted in the SSB Interview. At last only 463 candidates are able to clear the SSB & these are send to the respective academy after proper medical test. After reading this, you will be able to know the level of competition that you have to face in CDS exam. First of all, read all the details for the syllabus.
CDS syllabus Topic Wise
An candidates who is gong to appear in CDS exam needs to be a graduate or in the last year of his graduation.
There are two variations in the CDS exam. One is for Indian Military Academy , Air Force Academy , Indian Naval Academy. Another is for Officers’ Training Academy.
CDS Exam Pattern 2017
The Exam pattern for the CDS exam is same for both the exams i.e. IMA & OTA.
CDS IMA Exam Pattern 2017
CDS OTA Exam Pattern 2017
Important point for the CDS 2017 Exam pattern
- The candidates who opt for IMA & other military academies have to write three sections of Exam i.e. English, GK & Mathematics.
- The candidates who choose OTA have to write the first two sections of the exam. i.e. English & G.K.
- All the three sections are of 100 marks. Each section will have 100 questions each of one marks.
- The duration for every section is 2 hours i.e. 6 hours for IMA & 4 hours for OTA.
- The maximum marks for I.M.A exam is 300 while for O.T.A it is limited to 200 marks.
- All sections will have questions of MCQ nature. There will be four options for each question.
Combined Defence Services Exam pattern November 2017
After you have seen the exam pattern , lets have a look on CDS syllabus for 2017 exam.
The three sections of CDS exam have same maximum number of marks in the written test. i.e.
- CDS Mathematics Syllabus 2017
- CDS English Syllabus 2017
- CDS GK Syllabus 2017
CDS Mathematics Syllabus 2017
There may be many candidates who have a little fear with maths because of their previous year experience. There is nothing to worry on that things. Maths for competitive exams is not as tough as you thought. The basic thing is to know about the shortcut tricks that are useful in time management. The main sections for your Mathematics are
|Main Topics in CDS Maths||Chapters|
|Arithmetic||Square roots, Decimal, fractions.|
Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple
and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, Number System, actorization Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M.
Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms
|Geometry||Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on angles at a|
point ,Parallel lines, Sides and angles of a triangle, Congruency of triangles, Similar triangles, Concurrence of medians and altitudes, Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, Loci.
|Algebra||Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M. Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices|
|Trigonometry||Simple trigonometric identities., Use of trigonometric tables, simple cases of heights and distances, Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 0<x< 90|
Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0
|Mensuration||Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle, Surface area and volume of cuboids, Lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, Surface area and volume of spheres.|
|Statistics||Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation, frequency, polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.|
CDS English Syllabus 2017
English is one of confusing subject of CDS or any other exam. The number of rules & variations in tenses are so much that many times a right question seems to be errors. The questions will be asked from
- Fill in the blanks (Cloze test)
- Sentence Correction questions (Based of verb & usage of tenses)
- Reading Comprehension (Unseen passage)
- Finding errors and omissions etc.
CDS GK Syllabus 2017
The scope of General knowledge in a competitive exam is too wide. Most of the questions are from current affairs of last six months. The topics that need to be covered are
- Latest current affairs about politics,
- Media & marketing
- Banking sector
- Economy & finance
- Awards & Events
- Indian history and geography
CDS written exam pattern for OTA IMA
Tips to clear CDS Written exam 2017
- First of all carefully read all the sections & the chapters that are included in the exam.
- For the GK section you need to read a good GK book & habit of reading a leading newspaper for current affairs. The newspaper be like The Hindu & Hindustan Times.
- The mathematics section is not a simple as it seems. Buy a good book for maths where you can learn it unitary methods of solving a questions.
- The shortcut in the maths question is the only thing you should focus on for Time management.
- English section is the most confusing section. You must study by a good English teacher who tells you about the application for all the rules of grammar.
CDS Exam 2017 Detailed Syllabus
- Name of the Organisation: Combined Defence Service
- Name of the Post: Lieutenant
- Category: Syllabus
- Job Location: Anywhere in India
- Official Site : www.upsc.gov.in
If you like the information then please write a comment for us as feedback. If you have any doubt , then you can ask via dropping a comment. Hope the post have helped you in the CDS 2017 Written exam preparation. You can also subscribe us for our daily updates from the upper right section of subscribe button.