- 1 Download CDS Preparation Books
- 1.1 CDS Books for Preparation 2017
- 1.2 CDS Books for OTA | IMA
- 1.3 CDS Mathematics Books
- 1.4 Apply for CDS 2017 @ www.upsc.gov.in
- 1.5 Combined Defence Service Study Material
There are various books for CDS preparation. If you are searching for a good book for preparation then you need to look for the options that are available in the market. Everyone know the need of a good study material in any competitive exam. The name of books we included are included on the basis of reviews that are given by experts & students. The official website of CDS is www.upsc.gov.in.
CDS is a very important exam in the life of a person who aspires to be an Army person. The exam of CDS is conducted twice an year. If you are really interested in cracking the CDS exam , then they have given you two chances to clear the exam. Before you start studying for the exam , you should know how a good book must be selected in the new & emerging syllabus of CDS.
Download CDS Preparation Books
As in the above part we gave you a small introduction for the CDS exam. But if you are hard core aspirants for CDS then that is just a small preview of CDS. The exam is conducted by UPSC. UPSC is the biggest exam commission for the various nation wide exam. The most popular exam that are conducted by UPSC are CSAT, CDS, NDA , NA etc. And when UPSC conducts an exam , then the level of the exam touches the highest level.
CDS offers a very attractive career for men & women who are selected in the CDS. The candidates gets attractive salary, Incentive & allowances for the services. The job provides a so much adventurous life. There is a trait theory that is behind all the tests . It states that a person who has leadership skills underdeveloped inside him. If a person has then it would develop during the course of time & the number of attempts that he makes in SSB. After few attempts the crosses all the obstacles & finally reach the final stage & gets the selection. If you want to get selected then you must try again & again until you succeed.
CDS is one of the exam that is conducted for the Armed forces of India. The candidates who are selected in CDS are send to Indian Military Academy, officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The notification for the CDS application form comes in the month of October & Jan. The exam for the applications are conducted in the month of February & November. Those who clear the written test are send for SSB for the final verdict.
SSB Interview take four to five days to complete. All the days are shortlisting rounds , every day the candidates are shortlisted in the list. There are total 12 SSB centres in the country. All of them are situated in the various zones of India.
This post is dedicated to the books that are useful in the preparation of CDS exams. So if you do not have any idea for the books you should purchase then we will provide you many alternatives that are widely used by the students . By studying these books you can easily cover all the topics in one go.
The most important part of a competition is knowledge of the topics that you need to study. The course for CDS is not a small one. There are three papers which are conducted on the same day. The duration for all three exams are 2 hours. The total time for the exam is 6 hours. The candidates who opt for OTA have to write only two papers. The last exam is excluded for the OTA candidates. There is one more thing which you have to decide that is either IMA or OTA.
CDS Books for Preparation 2017
CDS syllabus is very vast. We are providing you a small preview for the exam. There are three parts of the paper. The three parts are Maths, GK & English. Let’s have a look on it.
CDS Maths Syllabus
The main topics in CDS maths are
CDS General Knowledge Syllabus
The question in GK questions are asked from the topics given below.
- Latest Current Affairs
- Indian Constitution
- Indian History
- Indian Economy
- Indian Geography
- Indian Politics
- Indian Navy & Military
- Banking Sector
- Books & Authors
- Sports – Awards etc
CDS English Syllabus
Questions in English will be asked from
- Spotting Errors Questions
- Sentence Arrangement
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Selecting Words
- Ordering of Sentence
- Comprehension Questions
- Vocabulary Preparation
- Fill in the blanks questions
Tips for CDS Exam 2017
- There will be three paper in the written exam.
- The three sections will be GK, Maths & English.
- All the three sections are of 200 marks each.
- The candidates who opt for OTA have maths excluded for them.
- All the sections are important so attempt all the questions. The aggregate marks for all three will be calculated to prepare the shortlist for SSB.
- All the questions will be objective type.
- The wrong attempt will deduct 0.25 marks from the score. If you do not have a surety for a question then just leave it.
CDS Books for OTA | IMA
There are so many books in the market. The list prepared here is based on the reviews of Experts who are teaching in leading coacandiadtesching institutes
- Pathfinder CDS Examination Conducted by UPSC
- CDS 10 Years Topic-wise Solved Papers 2007-2016 (with free GK E-books)
- Chapterwise Section wise Solved Papers CDS Combined Defence Services Examination
- MATHEMATICS FOR C.D.S.ENTRANCE EXAM
- Kit for CDS Exam (For IMA, OTA & Air Force)
- Chapterwise Section wise Solved Papers CDS Combined Defence Services Examination
- 10 Practice Sets CDS Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
- Cambridge IELTS 10 Student’s Book with Answers
- Comprehensive Guide to CDS Exam
- CDS Combined Defence Services 5 Practice Sets Workbook
You can buy any of these books from the given affiliate links. If you still have any doubt in buying a book then you can ask us fro it using comment box.
Tips for Selecting a Book
- To buy a book check whether all the topics for CDS exam are included in it.
- For the sole purpose , there is another post for the CDS syllabus here.
- Decide medium in which you want to study.
- All the exam carry equal marks, So do not ignore any subject which could affect your overall marks.
- After you buy a book prepare a study plan & work according to it.
CDS Mathematics Books
We hope you selected a book for your preparation. Now you can read some tips which can help you to prepare the syllabus.
Tips for CDS Preparation
- There is no fix rule of success in CDS. You need to study & wait for the results.
- So the only thing you need to do is cover as more topics as you can.
- Select a place for study which is peaceful for you.
- Learn more & more shortcut tricks for maths question.
- Make habit of reading a good newspaper. Note down all the important news from the Newspaper. The topics must be from Current Affairs , History , Economy, Politics
Indian Navy & Military, Religions, Banking Sector, Universities, Books & Authors &
- After this learn English from a standard book. There are more than 50 rules in English that build the grammar for competition. You can’t remember all so you need to apply them efficiently
Apply for CDS 2017 @ www.upsc.gov.in
The application process for CDS is very simple. There may be some students who do not the process can read these
- Open the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in.
- Now on the homepage you will see the CDS notification in the recent update section.
- lick on the link & it will show you the official notification of CDS 2017.
- Download the PDF file & read it.
- After you finish reading all the details & the instruction written in the document , you can start filling the Online application.
- Click on the Apply Online link & a form will be shown on your screen.
- Fill all the details carefully in the form.
- After all the details are complete , submit the form.
- Pay the application fee as applicable.
- Now download a copy of application form for future use.
Combined Defence Service Study Material
- Name of the Organisation: Combined Defence Service
- Name of the Post: Lieutenant
- Category: Study Material
- Job Location: Anywhere in India
- Official Site : www.upsc.gov.in
If you like the information then please write a comment for us as feedback. If you have any doubt , then you can ask via dropping a comment. Hope the post have helped you in the CDS 2017 Written exam study material. You can also subscribe us for our daily updates from the upper right section of subscribe button.