Best Books for Indian Navy SSR Exam Preparation : If you want to crack the Indian Navy Sailor SSR Exam 2015 easily, make use of this article. It provides you the Syllabus and Exam Pattern as well as points you to the Prep Books for the same.
This blog article is being written to help you prepare for Sailor (SSR) Exam 2016, conducted by Indian Navy. It would provide the prep materials: the Syllabus, Sample Papers and Prep Books for this exam.
Before going further, let me tell you that Indian Navy recruits sailors in three levels:
1.0 For those who passed Class-12 or equivalent:
They are recruited through “Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) Exam” or “Artificer Apprentice (AA) Exam”.
2.0 For those who passed Class-10 or equivalent:
They are recruited through “Matric Recruits (MR) Exam”.
3.0 For those who have not passed Class-10:
They are recruited through “Non-Matric Recruits (NMR) Exam”.
As you can see above, “Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) Exam” and “Artificer Apprentice (AA) Exam” is for the same level, needing the same educational qualification. Even the Syllabus for Indian Navy SSR Exam and AA Exam is same. Therefore you can use the prep materials for Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice (AA) Exam to prepare for the SSR exam.
Indian Navy Sailor SSR 2016 Syllabus :
Many candidates are applying for these Indian Navy Jobs. The Applicants can start the preparation by checking the Indian Navy Sailors Syllabus & Exam Pattern.The Navy exam consists of Objective Type Questions from the English, Science, Mathematics & General Knowledge. The Subjects, Time, Marks of the Indian Navy Sailors AA Exam can be tabulated below. Applicants can refer the link for detailed subject wise Indian Navy Sailor Syllabus & Test Pattern. The Exam can be conducted in the Hindi/ English.
The Indian Navy is a well balanced and cohesive 3-dimensional force, capable of operating above, and on the surface of the oceans efficiently safeguarding our national interests. It consists of three commands such as Western Naval Command, Eastern Naval Command, and Southern Naval Command each under the control of a Flag Officer Commanding-in-chief. Indian Navy conducts recruitment for various posts in the naval department annually. Recently it has announced notification for SSR Course 2016 released under Indian Navy Sailor Recruitment 2015. Candidates who wish to Join India Navy can apply to these posts before the completion of the last date. Nausena Bharti is inviting applications from eligible candidates to fill the vacancies of Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits-02/2016 Batch. For more details, Candidates can also check the Official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Indian Navy Sailors for AA Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2016:
|Test ||S.No ||Subjects ||Time |
|Written Test |
|1. ||English ||1 Hour |
|2. ||Science |
|3. ||Mathematics |
|4. ||General Knowledge |
Indian Navy Sailor SSR Exam 2015 Pattern: The written exam for selection of Senior Secondary Recruits consists of a single paper with four sections: English, Science, Maths and GK. The exam is of one hour duration. You have to to pass in all four test sections and also in aggregate, the cut-off marks for which would be decided based on relative performance of all the candidates. The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
Indian Navy Sailor SSR will be selected based on the following process:-
- Written Exam.
- Physical Fitness test.
- Medical test.
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
The Exam Pattern for Written Test is as follows:
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics, and General Knowledge.
- The question paper will be of 10+2 standard.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT): – PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- General Knowledge
Syllabus for Indian Navy Sailor SSR Exam :
Indian Navy SSR Exam Syllabus for Science section:
1. Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body / Gravitation.
2. Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity.
3. Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves.
4. Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic Nucleus / Solid and Semi-Conductor Devices, Principles of Communication.
5. Metals and Non Metals, Organic Chemistry, Food, Nutrition and Health, Physiology and Human Diseases, Computer Science.
Indian Navy SSR Exam Syllabus for Mathematics section:
1. Relations and Functions, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry.
2. Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight Lines Family of Straight Lines, Circles.
3. Conic Sections, Permutations and Combinations, Vectors, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Sets and Set Theory, Statistics.
4. Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability Function, Limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives.
5. Indefinite Integrals Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Determinants, Definite Integral.
Indian Navy SSR Exam Syllabus for English section:
1. Passage, Preposition, Correction of sentences, Change active to passive/passive to active voice.
2. Change direct to indirect/indirect to direct, Verbs/Tense/Non Finites, Punctuation.
3. Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of difficult word.
4. Use of adjective, Compound preposition, Determiners (use of a, the, any etc), Use of pronoun.
Indian Navy SSR Exam Syllabus for General Awareness section:
1. Culture & Religion, Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland Harbours, Freedom Movement.
2. Sports: Championships /Winners / Terms / No of Players, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, Current Affair.
3. Important National Facts about India, Heritage and Arts, Dance, History, Languages, Capitals and Currencies.
4. National: Bird /Animal / Sport / Flower / Anthem / Song / Flag / Monuments, Eminent Personalities.
5. Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition, Award and Authors.
Indian Navy SSR Exam Sample papers: I had searched on the net for online sample papers/previous years exam papers of Indian Navy SSR Exam, but could not locate any. If you come across any such papers, kindly post the links as comments below – so that it can help the future of Indian Navy SSR Exam.
In absence of online sample papers on the net, you can use the following prep books to prepare for the exam.
Best Books buy :
That’s it. Hope with above prep materials for Indian Navy Sailor SSR Exam 2016 you can clear the exam easily. Best Wishes!